Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome to the next Jenneration

Hello! And welcome to my blog. My name is Jennifer. I usually go by Jenn or Jenny. I'm not exactly well known in the community and I failed english 101... Twice, however I am not a pushover when it comes to 40k. I have ideas and I want to share them. Ultimately, I hope this blog becomes a future home of inspiration and insight for my fellow 40k players.

So let's start from the beginning. Yes I am a gamer girl. At least by my definition. There are those out there who believe that I do not qualify for that title, and you know what? That is fine by me, everyone has their own personal views on matters and it is not my place to tell people what to believe.

I do not fit the expected mould of your average female 40k player. First of all I am horrible at painting and definitely look at it as a chore, most of my models are grey and green still and will probly stay that way.

Second I was not introduced into this game by a boyfriend or whatever. As a matter of fact I am a lesbian. Might as well get this out there early so there is no debate.

I got into the game through the owner of my FLGS, I had been playing magic for years and was looking for new games, that was when I was introduced to 40k. I was naturally drawn to nids first, mainly because I played Zerg primarily in starcraft.

So let me explain my priorities when it comes to 40k. I am a gamer above all. I spend a lot of my time thinking about the game and I pass my day at work mathhammering like a fiend. Secondary I am a modeler. I have fallen in love with working with green stuff and creating unique models. I am by no means an expert but I enjoy what I do and get good responses to my work and that is all that matters. Third in importance is fluff and finally painting.

As you can see I deviate a bit from what you expect from a female 40k player. And actually there is ever more to it than that. You see I am a transsexual woman. I was born with a male body, but mentally I have always been female. Now I live life as a woman and am in the process of becoming legally a woman.

That may be a little unsettling for some of my potential readers, but you know what? I have a unique perspective on this game and hopefully I will be able to put out some content that others will enjoy.

All the nitty gritty about me aside I love this game. As it stands I have 4 40k armies and a single wfb army. I play Nids, Necrons, Eldar, and Chaos marines. Lately I have been playing (and winning) with my necrons mostly although I am putting tons of work into my Chaos and nids on a daily basis.

So yeah that's a little about me. Feel free to ask any questions that you may come up with. I love answering things and I look forward to making some posts soon.

4 comments:

  1. The only problem is you're not posting enough! Remember, one per week.

    I stopped by to check on your progress because my wife lit me up last night for my article, Unicorns Don't Exist.

    She said if chicks want to associate with a beautiful, mythical beast it wasn't my place to say shit.

    *sigh*

    Sometimes you can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a hint... Usually if you can't win, it's because you are competing with a woman, and as you should know by now being the married man the you are... Even when we women 'Lose' we still win.

    Lol, Joking aside I am working on posting as much as I can I just need to be able to have access to a computer to make that happen. Thanks for reading and I appreciate your time, now let me work on bringing you some stuff worth reading...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and it's awesome. :) Another bug girl, how cool is that?! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Good to hear people are reading my stuff =D

    ReplyDelete