Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Walking the walk

So today I set to work building my fourth war walker for my Eldar army. I decided to run 4 in my list today for the tournament at merlyns and so I finally got around to building the one that's been laying around my house for the last two years. One thing I want to point out for the record: I absolutely hate the basic warwalker model. (I'm beginning to see that I may be a bit of a model snob... first the horse now the war walker...) My previous iterations I had magnetized the guns to the leg support frame in order to slim down the profile a bit. Just the other day I had seen another modification I liked and I decided to give this one a go because I didn't have time to deal with the magnification. (Also I had stolen the scatterlaser out of this kit for one of my other war walkers last year) So I ended up stealing some Wave serpent scatter lasers and building them into the Carapace of the armour. I really like the way this looks, to me it definitely makes it look a bit more sturdy and less like Obama, the big eared monkey war robot of doom.
One thing I did that I wasn't so sure of at the time was remove the stabilizers and leg armor. They didn't really fit well with the weapons where they were so I needed to either remove them or increase the height of the model by a fair amount. I think I made the right choice. I do plan on going over and retrofitting the Monkey ears into leg armor though, maybe builking up the legs themselves as well...

Anyway that's all the time I have for today, I've got to go get ready for said tournament, wish me luck, I'll post my revised list when I write up the report later. Also I've been meaning to write an article comparing 40k's loose rule system to M:tg's tight one so look forward to seeing that in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment