Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Wraiths

his is a continuation on my previous entry on what I believe the Necron codex should be as a means to better represent the fluff and make the army less of a marine variant. I would like to take the time to point out that I am not suggesting that the changes I make are balanced for the current point values of the unit in the current codex. Frankly these changes are so radical that there in no way in hell that I am going to put my neck on the line and come up with point values for these new units. If you want to do so yourself, then by all means please do so! Let me know what you come up with.

Time for Wraiths, yet another upgraded version of the Necron warriors...

Fast Choice:
Warrior Wraiths:
WS: 5 BS:4 S:3 T:5 W:1 I:2 A:1 Sv:4++ Ld:10
Jetbike: Unit size 3-15
Options:
May choose two close combat weapons from the following list: (any combinations as usual, they all choose the same)
  • Flencing claw: (counts as a lightning claw granting an additional attack, +3 attacks total if taken as a pair resulting in 4 attacks base, 5 on the charge)
  • Warblade
  • Warscythe
  • Injector: Grants the poisoned attacks (3+) rule, a second one changes this to (2+)
Bonuses from necron weapons are added to the profile of the model instead of being characteristics of the weapon, for the purpose of close combat each weapon counts as an ordinary close combat weapon (you get an additional attack even if you have two different weapons)

Special Rules:
Necron, Phasing

Phasing: Wraiths ignore all terrain for all intents and purposes. They count as having offensive grenades. Wraiths roll an additional dice to penetrate vehicles in close combat. Wraiths do not have an armor save, instead they have an invulnerable save.

No comments:

Post a Comment